Full-time position // January 2020
Do you have a passion for sustainability, zero waste and/or veganism? Would you like to work in a small business trying to build a more sustainable future?
Who we are
We’re a small zero waste, vegan, palm oil free business based in Cambridge. We focus on handcrafting sustainable zero waste toiletries that are kind to the planet and the animals. We sell both online, at local markers and wholesale to many amazing stockists across all of Europe!
We’re hardworking and put a lot of focus and effort into reducing waste in all aspects of our business, from the supplies to the final packaging. We’re looking for amazing people that share our values and want to work with us long term, growing with the business and taking on more responsibilities as our team evolves!
The job offer
The main duties of the role are manufacturing and labelling our eco products (this includes cutting and quality control checks), packing orders (both direct and wholesale), as well as helping with the washing up and cleaning of our business unit, and doing inventory. Some computer use with Mac/IOS operating system is involved.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, hardworking, detail oriented and reliable, ready to join a (very!) fast paced environment. We expect the right candidate to be ready to hit the ground running and join in all the everyday tasks which are part of a fast moving small business!
We are looking for someone who
- Has an interest in sustainability, veganism and/or zero-waste
- Can work with great precision, is literate, numerate and has basic computer skills
- Is organised and capable of managing his/her/their workload
- Is willing to take leadership when necessary
- Is ready to learn and take on new duties as we go
- Has an interest in working with us long-term, and to grow within the business
- Can lift heavy weights up to 15-20kg
- Has respect for others, and can work well in a team
- Has a legal right to work in the UK
What we offer
- Living Wage Salary (£9.30 per hour)
- On-site parking (cars and bikes)
- Products discounts
- The opportunity to work in a purpose-lead and inclusive business
Location: Cambridge East, CB5
Transport: Close to cycle and bus routes, free car parking available
Start date: January 2020
Hours: Full-time - standard working hours are Monday to Friday, 9AM to 6PM with one hour unpaid lunch break.
The deadline for this ad is ongoing, but please keep in mind that we are looking to start interviewing candidates in early December, so the earliest you get your application in the better!
How to apply
When you are ready to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org containing your updated CV, and a short cover letter explaining why you want to work with us. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at our workshop.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract